Are you considering labia surgery? Protuberant labia, where the genital folds are too large or are asymmetrical, is an issue that some women are facing. Although the labia remains covered most of the time, it can be the source of low self-esteem, negative body image, and even embarrassment in many women. Women may become even more self conscious if they wear swimsuits or other body-hugging clothes. This issue can also lead to physical discomfort during sexual intercourse.
Why should you consider labia surgery?
Labia surgery, or labiaplasty is a specialized surgery used to correct an irregular or overly large labia by toning the outer folds of the labia minora, which is the tissue that surrounds the vulva. Labia surgery serves medical and aesthetic purposes, while boosting self confidence and helping you feel better emotionally and physiologically. Here are some potential reasons for undergoing a labiaplasty procedure:
- Discomfort in physical activities due to the size or the thickness of the labia.
- Asymmetrical or misshapen labia.
- Discomfort when wearing tight clothes because of labial size.
- Oversized vaginal folds.
- Hanging or protruding labia.
- Labial disease or injury.
- For a firmer, more toned vagina.
Click HERE to read the article in its entirety.